Today we have our first mystery guest on Parelli’s Survival Guide. After my article on Horsenality™ from last week I was able to get an interview with one of the four horsenalities. Let’s discover who is or she is and what he/she has to say.
– Me: ‘Hello, mystery guest, how are you today?’
– Guest: ‘Well, I am fine! Thank you for asking.’
– Me: ‘Can you tell me a little bit more about yourself?’
– Guest: ‘Well, some call me naughty other playful. I am always a challenge to my trainers.’
– Me: ‘So you must be Left Brain Extrovert! Nice to meet you! How are you?’
– LBE: ‘That’s right, good job guessing that so fast. Nice to meet you to. I am fine, I have already told you that! I am getting a little bit bored…’
– Me: ‘Apologies, I did not want to bore you. May I ask you a few questions?’
– LBE: ‘Sure, but do it quick, otherwise I might get bored’.
– Me: ‘Your motto?’
– LBE: ‘Life is a game and I make the rules.’
– Me: ‘Who is your favorite Disney figure?
– LBE: ‘Spirit, the free stallion’
– Me: ‘What’s your favorite song?’
– LBE: ‘Pink, get this party started’
– Me: ‘Well, thank you for your time! I hope I did not bore you too much?’
– LBE: ‘That was just fine. Bye, have a nice day!’
And he went out as quickly as he came in.
Left-Brain Extrovert, who are you?
A Left Brain Extrovert horse is a horse who is playful, naughty, quickly bored but a fast learner. To keep him entertained and motivated, he needs quick, intensive sessions, with a lot, lot of fun and games. The down side of being playful is that it can quickly turn into naughty, if he get bored. Keep things interesting for him and don’t hesitate to play little tricks on him: he won’t hesitate to play them on you! Also remember this: move his feet and he will give you full attention and motivation.
Your energy, attitude and mindset are also really important: no fake it until you make it here with this one. To have a successful session with a Left Brain Extrovert horse, you need to smile, be enthusiast and have a lot of fun as well! Never punish him or try to be the boss of him: you’ll achieve a lot more by playing with him than try to dominate him.
If you are entertaining and inspiring him, you will make from your Left Brain Extrovert horse a partner for life.